PRP Therapy & Rejuvenation
A New and Innovative Process to Rejuvenate Your Body Naturally
*Disclaimer: results may vary and are not universal
*Disclaimer: results may vary and are not universal
PRP offers a truly organic alternative with faster results for rejuvenation throughout the body
Using the new and cutting edge PRP techniques, Cosmetic fillers are a popular way to rejuvenate the face, lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improve scars. While there are several great filler products on the market, PRP offers a truly organic alternative with faster results. Since the patient’s own blood is used to rejuvenate their appearance, using PRP also alleviates the risk of allergic reaction or skin sensitivity. This procedure is not a surgical facelift nor does it create the same effect as a facelift. The procedure helps restore or enhance areas which require volume. Platelet rich plasma (PRP) can be used for deep fold, wrinkles and acne scarring.
- Diminishing the glabellar lines, also known as the number 11 sign between the brow
- Diminishing forehead lines
- Improving the appearance of periorbital lines, also known as crow’s feet
- Diminishing nasolabial folds
- Reducing smile lines
- Treating acne scars
- Improving the vertical lip lines, also known as lipstick lines
- Improving the marionette lines (the ones from the corners of the mouth to the chin)
PRP contains growth factors which stimulate the body to repair and restore tissues using the body’s own natural processes. With this technique, you can rejuvenate the skin by isolating elements from the blood which can then be injected below wrinkles, folds and even acne scars.
PRP Has Shown Amazing Results For Skin Rejuvenation
This treatment has been used safely and effectively for many years in dentistry and orthopedic surgery. It has found its way into aesthetic medicine in the last several years. We are seeing amazing rejuvenation results using PRP. We are harnessing the repair power of your own blood to turn back the aging clock.
How Does It Work?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy is a form of prolotherapy. This innovative, cutting edge technique involves injecting plasma harvested from a patient’s own blood (autologous) directly into an injured area (damaged tendon, ligament, or joint). This plasma, which is rich in platelets and growth factors, stimulates the body’s natural healing system to enhance repair of both acute and chronic injuries. PRP therapy utilizes your body’s ability to heal itself naturally from its own elements, making it very safe, minimally invasive and requiring only minor recovery.
- First: Our expertly trained staff draws the needed amount blood required to produce the PRP and also perform basic lab test.
- Next: We place the blood into a centrifuge and spins the blood at a very rapid rate to separate the platelets from the other components of the blood.
- Third: The platelets are activated by using one of two methods that are natural to your body. This activation of platelets is the final step in producing your very own platelet-rich plasma. The best way to visualize PRP is to remember the yellow “goo” that surrounded the scab you had when you fell on your knee as a child. The thickening of the serum to form that yellow material holds specific growth factors in place that call stem cells to the area and activates them to create new skin.
- We Then Activate the 8 Growth Factors: Platelet-rich plasma is similar to HA fillers because it can be injected to sculpt the face. But, here’s the best part: not only does the PRP cause an increase in the volume, PRP contains at least 8 growth factors that will over a long period of time, continually work like a rejuvenating agent.
- By activing these growth factors, all 3 parts of the aging process improve: The skin color becomes a “younger” color because of new blood vessel formation. New collagen formations in the dermis lifts the face back to more youthful shape. Because the growth factors are working to build a new dermis, the epidermis (the outer most layers of your skin) appears smoother. Mr. Morgan can help you sort through the numerous treatment options, including a simple but effective home skin care regimen. During a consultation, Mr. Morgan will examine your skin, discuss your expectations, and recommend suitable product and treatments to achieve your aesthetic goals.
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) systems produce a platelet rich fibrin matrix (PRFM) from your own blood. This PRFM contains the growth factors your body uses to initiate and control wound healing. Platelet rich plasma (PRP) will improve wrinkles, folds and scars (including acne scars) on your face in combination with or without surgery or lasers.
It is believed that these growth factors stimulate the cells in the tissue treated, such as those below wrinkles, folds, laugh lines and acne scars, to rejuvenate the skin over the next few weeks.
What to Expect Afterwards
Immediately after treatment with platelet rich plasma, the treated area is slightly red; this typically fades in a few hours. There is usually very little bruising, which is generally limited to a few “points” and can easily be covered with make-up. There is some mild swelling, which in most patients fades in a few days. Beyond this, there is usually some “settling” of effect over the first 1-2 weeks, after which the improvements noted are long-lasting. PRP provide a natural-looking improvement using your body’s own capacity for repair and regeneration.