Natural Hormone Replacement for Both Women and Men
ARE YOU SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED?
Brain fog, hot flashes, night sweats, reduced sexual desire? Our hormone levels drop as we age and so does our quality of life. Low testosterone and erectile dysfunction? If you want to improve your quality of life call today to schedule an evaluation.
MID-LIFE CHANGES in MEN: Low T and Erectile Dysfunction
As men age, they some suffer from unnecessary systems caused by the reduction of testosterone. Low testosterone levels (Low T) symptoms may include:
- Low sex drive and erectile dysfunction
- Emotional changes
- Decreased muscle mass
- Increased central body fat
- Joint pain
- Elevated cholesterol
- Cardiovascular risks
- Increased risk of prostate cancer
- Increase risks of diabetes and metabolic syndrome
Why the evidence for testosterone therapy adds up
Benefits and Health Implications of Testosterone Therapy in Men With Testosterone Deficiency
READ THE STUDIES
NATURAL VS SYNTHETIC
Natural hormone therapy, otherwise known as bioidentical hormones, function exactly like those the body produces. The chemical structure matches that of the hormone it is intended to replace. The molecular structure of these hormones is indistinguishable from that of natural hormones produced in the body.
By contrast, synthetic hormones are intentionally different. Drug companies can’t patent a bio-identical structure, so they invent synthetic hormones that are patentable (Premarin, Prempro and Provera being the most widely used examples).
Progestins are synthetic progesterone hormones. A “synthetic” hormone has a chemical structure that may be similar to, but is not exactly the same as, a hormone produced by your body. These chemical differences can mean that the synthetic hormone acts differently in your body and produces substantially different effects.
The PEPI Trial: Landmark Women’s Health Research This is a landmark three-year study (1987 – 1990) to test the effects of estrogen therapy on the following factors that affect a woman’s risk of heart disease: HDL ( good cholesterol , systolic blood pressure, fibrinogen and insulin).
Study results included the following:
- All of the estrogen/progestin combinations produced significantly greater increases in HDL (good) cholesterol levels than the placebo.
- Estrogen combined with bio-identical, micronized progesterone provided the best cardiovascular protection of all the combined regimens, nearly equal to taking estrogen alone.
- Combining estrogen with progesterone or progestin was shown to help protect women against endometrial cancer.
- The study also discovered that women taking hormones after menopause gained less weight than women taking no hormones at all.
- Natural estrogens which are extracted from wild yams or soybeans are available by prescription in the form of creams, tablets, pellets for implantation and patches.
Hormone Therapy To Prevent Disease and Prolong Life in Postmenopausal Women
Thyroid hormone balance and replacement services
The Thyroid impacts every major system in your body. It is important to have the right hormone levels for your body’s needs. The function of the thyroid gland is to take iodine, found in many foods, and convert it into thyroid hormones: thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3). These thyroid hormones essentially control metabolism. Every cell in the body depends upon thyroid hormones for regulation of their metabolism.
Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid does not produce enough thyroid hormone.Symptoms of hypothyroidism may occur when one or both of the thyroid levels (T4 or T3) drop or if the thyroid is working hard to maintain those levels. This will often be reflected with an elevation of the thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH). The function of your body is controlled through this endocrine system and it is imperative to your health that this system be regulated in order to remain healthy.
Signs Of Hypothyroidism May Include:
- Weight gain
- Poor energy
- Dry, thick skin
- Thinning hair and hair loss
- Muscle weakness
- Feeling cold
- Poor concentration
- Decreased sex drive
- Numbness or tingling in hands
- Swollen eyes (graves disease)
- Heavy or long menstrual cycles
Subclinical Hypothyroidism Is an Independent Risk Factor for Atherosclerosis and Myocardial Infarction in Elderly Women: The Rotterdam Study
Association of subclinical hypothyroidism with metabolic syndrome in females of reproductive age
Lab work is required to be done periodically to monitor your hormone levels and testing is essential to safely maintain your thyroid levels. The most important part of properly correcting an imbalance is communication with your specialists and that is what Kingwood Wellness focuses on.